Nadia Liva is committed to providing her clients with trusted counsel and skilled representation. A lawyer with over 25 years of experience in criminal, regulatory and administrative law, Nadia’s practice is quality driven and is focused on achieving the best results for her clients.
Nadia’s negotiation skills and creativity result in resolutions which maximize benefits and minimize damage to her clients, not only personally and professionally, but financially as well, avoiding the high costs associated with costly drawn out litigation. Nadia provides experienced legal advice, sound judgment, superior strategic representation and skilled advocacy with the highest level of commitment to her clients.
Nadia’s expertise includes:
- Providing written responses for lawyers and paralegals who are the subject of complaints and/or investigations relating to their practices, allegations of professional misconduct and capacity matters
- Advocating on behalf of lawyers and paralegals facing disciplinary proceedings, including summary hearings and capacity proceedings
- Representing law students and paralegal candidates who are the subject of admission (good character) hearings
- Representing other professionals facing regulatory and disciplinary proceedings before the Ontario College of Teachers, the Ontario College of Nurses, the College of General Accountants, the Ontario College of Social Workers, the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario and the College of Chiropractors of Ontario.
- Providing legal representation to both youth and adult clients charged with criminal offences including: domestic assaults, criminal harassment, sexual assaults, fraud, and homicide before the Ontario Court of Justice, the Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Review Board.
- Providing legal advice and representation to complainants and witnesses as they all navigate through the criminal justice system – providing them with both insight and a voice.